Why I love today:
After a particularly crazy weekend (birthday dinner at Carrabba's & shopping on Friday night with Justin, birthday party & Halloween festivities on Saturday) today has been nice to catch up on things and relax. We went to Brad & Staci's ward to see Brad give Katelyn her baby blessing at 9 a.m. which I loved. We did have to wake Ezra up for what seemed like the first time we were the ones doing the waking up, but it was nice to be done with church at 10 and have the rest of the day. Usually our church is at 1 and it is torture with the baby. So Ezra has had two good naps today (and is still sleeping!) and Justin has got some homework done and we have cleaned up our stuff.
Next up:
Steaks and won-ton salad for dinner with my family (and strawberry icebox for dessert!)
Birthday cake & ice cream & presents with the Sorensons.
{Its crazy how much I can get done when I don't go to church in the afternoon. I know most people hate 9 a.m. church but I think it was made for families with young children that usually wake up before 8 a.m. anyway. }
And I'm wearing my new Seattle Seahawks shirt that my parents gave me for mah birfday. Go Seahawks! I will see you in exactly two weeks from today when you play the Arizona Cardinals. Yes, we are flying to AZ to visit Mike & Val! Yayyy!
Why I hate tomorrow:
Justin says I need to be more positive because I apparently get pretty pessimistic at times. So while today is great and I am not worrying about stuff I need to do tomorrow, I see all the stuff I need to do on the horizon and it makes me want to just take a nap.
A few things I need to do:
1) Finish moving out of the basement (this is more difficult and stressful than it sounds... we have a ton of stuff.)
2) Clean our old place and make it ready for whomever moves in next. (whoever?)
3) Pay bills. No fun.
4) Figure out my Spring schedule for school (and if it is even going to work out somehow)
[and those are just the things that are particularly pressing. somewhat time-sensitive...]
but for now, i am just going to smile and enjoy the rest of tonight. it has been a good day. and soon (hopefully) i will blog pictures and report my birthday celebrations.
3 comments:
happy birthday! I'm glad you had a great weekend! It was awesome to see you guys again. Man! I hate things like that that get it in the way. GOod luck with it all. Also, I think it is whomever because the subject is the house. And if it ever is the subject, it whoever. yeah, just went over grammar in english class. barf. anyway, not to sound like a total nerd. love ya!
Your party was fun and I'm glad we were able to spend a lot of time with the family over the weekend. Thanks for coming to Katelyn's blessing! It meant a lot to us and will mean a lot to her when she can understand someday. :)
Happy Late Birthday Lyss!! Glad you had a good one. Good luck with all the moving its the pits!
Post a Comment