ezra is now 7 & 1/2 months old... and he is all over the place. i can't keep up with him! seriously, in the time i have started trying to type this blog he has already hit his head once (for the 4th time today...) and i had to go help him.
so when little crawlers are all over the place like this and getting into everything, how do you strike a balance between letting them explore and giving them confidence while still keeping them safe? i can't count how many times a day he hurts himself on things around the house but at the same time i can't just hover over him all day.
4 comments:
you just deal with it. it's like this for a while. Then they start walking and you have even more issues to worry about (like falling down the million stairs in mom's house). Love ya!
I think your answer was in your question! and dido on what VAL said! Good Luck, they are so adorable at this age and the biggest handfuls!!
I think the most important thing to remember is... they are very durable. When Irey is on a mission, there is NO stopping her. Even if that means her mission is to carry all her toys up and down the stairs, which she will almost always fall, there is no telling that girl NO. I guess sometimes we have to let our kids figure it out, because they can and will. I promise she is at least learning to be more careful when she insists on lifting her body weight of toys;)
Val, thanks for the encouragement! :P
Rachel, at least your comment leaves me a glimmer of hope.
Kylie, I totally agree with you. I think you do just need to make sure they won't seriously injure themselves and beyond that just let them do their thing.
Post a Comment