so, justin is now attending the university of utah for his master's degree. so of course he had to get tickets to their first football game of the season (they beat pittsburgh in OT). i tagged along with him and bond (jason bond... we call him bond) for the game. it was my first at utah, and yes i did feel like a traitor a little bit, cheering for them. and wearing red. byu is still my fave but sports are sports and it is just fun to go to games and cheer for someone. plus, justin is excited to attend a school that is sort of big and actually has a good football team (UVU didn't have one at all) so i don't blame him for becoming a ute. we kinda just cheered for byu cause we grew up in utah county but that's pretty much it. neither of us go/went there so i don't mind cheering for the utes. all in all, we had a really fun time. by the time we got tickets, the only ones left were standing room only, so we thought we had to settle for those. it was actually fun to sit criss-cross-applesauce at the top of the stadium. great views at sunset, too.
3 comments:
I'm glad you had fun! I love going to college games, and I totally feel ya on the if-you-go-it's-cool type thing. you feel a part of something.
i loove all the red in the stadium. looks like fun! i may just have to transfer there ;)
I'm glad you got to go to that game, I heard it was really good. Way to be a good wife by supporting your husband and his school. I think it's awesome that Justin is pursuing more education and I'm sure he's glad to get into the atmosphere at the U - very different from UVU.
Post a Comment