24 March 2010

A New Kind of Love

So, yesterday I listened to the album I-Empire by Angels & Airwaves for the first time in a long time. I was reminded that I really like their music. The following quote is from the song Call to Arms:

I'd like to say that you're my only fear
And when I dream, it slowly disappears
And when I wake, I'm right here by your side
To feel your heart beat in and out of time

I just love holding this little boy in my arms. That verse made me think of Ezra and Justin. Now I have both of them, and it is more than double the love. I can't believe how blessed I am. Really.

On Monday night, the three of us watched Modern Family in our chaise. It was the first time all three of us were in that chair. Usually its only Justin & I. That night, Justin held Ezra while having his arm wrapped around me. And I realized that nothing else really matters, but our little family is so important.

I also just realized that I don't think I have a picture of our family together yet! What is up with that? Okay, I need to get on that. In the meantime, here is a picture of Justin holding Ezra in our room at the hospital.


And here is a picture of me holding Ezra in my hospital bed. Don't mind the hair and hospital gown. :) He is the sweetest little guy.

 P.s. Ezra, thanks for the good night last night! I fed and changed you at 1 a.m. and then not again until 5:30 a.m.! You are so good to Mommy.

4 comments:

amanda said...

so cute! i can't get enough of your posts on your cute new family!

Kelsey M. said...

sooo sweet. i love you and your cute little fam so very much.

How Sweet it is! said...

nothing sweeter than a daddy holding his new baby!

lulu said...

you are such a good mommy, lyssa! I can just tell :) i'm excited to be blogging buddies so we can keep up with each others lives easier!