22 March 2010

EZRA JORDAN SORENSON

He is finally here. 

Ezra Jordan Sorenson was born on March 18th 2010 in American Fork, Utah. 

And Justin & I are so very excited.

I went in for my c-section at 6:30 a.m. on March 18th and he was born at exactly 8:30 a.m. that same day of course.

I thought I would have blogged about this sooner but it turns out that having a baby actually takes up quite a lot of time and energy, so I am only now telling the world exactly how it all went down.

My recovery has gone really well so far. We stayed in the hospital until Sunday, and were excited to bring our baby home finally. Now everything just feels more real. Like today, I held Ezra while eating pizza and watching Thursday's episode of Project Runway. It was so much fun to have him there with me while I do my usual routine, though I found it hard to concentrate on my usual routine. I didn't want to do much of anything today. I feel fine enough, can walk around and clean like normal, but I even had a hard time paying attention to the show with this little angel looking up at me constantly. 

Last night was the first night that we had him with us. The other nights in the hospital he spent in the nursery so we could get some much needed rest, rest that I will no longer take for granted. The first time he woke up last night had Justin & I pretty excited. We worked together to warm up his bottle, change his diaper, feed him, and get him back to sleep. Then two hours later, the enthusiasm had started to wear off. The crying didn't wake Justin so I tried to let him sleep but he ended up waking up anyway and helped out. But after that, Ez just did not want to sleep in his bed. Every time he looked asleep I put him in his bed and he would start to cry again within 5 minutes. So eventually I fell asleep with him lying on my chest asleep. When I awoke from that, it was about 6:30 a.m. and I told Justin it was his turn, and slept until 9:30. So I didn't get very much sleep but it wasn't bad for the first night. We only went through 3 outfits and blankets (only... HA!) and have gone through the same amount today. The gauze from his circumcision is making the diaper situation difficult, and the pee gets everywhere. But I am looking forward to tonight when I can apply what I have learned and hopefully make it better than last night was.

I wish I could have done a better job of keeping him awake today but unfortunately he has slept quite a bit. Hopefully he will sleep better tonight. 

But what can I say... I love being a mom. I was really scared to become a mother, and still feel scared about a lot of aspects of motherhood, but there is really nothing I would rather be doing, and there is nothing more important than what I am doing. That gives me some encouragement when things get tough. 

I am so thankful for all the help, love, and support all my friends and family have given to my little family. It would've been very difficult without you guys!

5 comments:

amanda said...

good job on the first night! that sounds intense :) you are such a good mom!

Logan said...

Good work! I desperately need to come see you guys! I keep seeing pictures, but I'm sure they don't even do him justice. Perhaps I shall make a visit this weekend!

How Sweet it is! said...

The pictures are great, butI have heard he is just adorable in person so, I need to come and see him. he needs his great -aunt to hold him. besides I have a cute little outfit for him. see you soon!

Shannon said...

first of all CONGRATULATIONS! He is so dang cute! Second... where on earth did you find Justin? What a good hubby and daddy to get up in the middle of the night. I think over the past year Shelton has gotten up in the middle of the night 2 or 3 times. That first night can be hard... but every night will get easier for the most part. And when you are feeling up for visitors me and my mom want to come bring you something. We were both sick when you had your shower. (and I will leave stacia home) Congrats again! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

oh and my blog is private now. shoot me an email and I will send you an invite. shanheath@gmail.com

Kelsey M. said...

oh lyss you are amazing. i'm sure you & jus are incredible parents. he is such a sweet little guy and i just love him. i look up to you so much and now you're making me want to be a mommy.