you know, in the back of my mind I sit here and think of all the blogging / journaling / documenting I need to do of my family (or rather do something with the documentation I like best- photography) and it's so overwhelming I never end up doing any of it. but you know what! today was a fun day and imma document it.
we seized this beautiful sabbath day by going up Provo canyon. we thought bridal veil would be fun. it was a hot June day and there were lots of people there this afternoon. it wasn't long before we were wading through the cold water and climbing over rocks.
the boys were in heaven. we started climbing and didn't really stop until we got to the bottom of the main falls (is that a good way to explain it?). anyway Justin says he'd never been to bridal veil at all and I don't think I'd ever climbed up there before, and it was definitely firsts for ez and coke. 8.5 months pregnant and I slew that hill. :) Justin carried colter up (bless him) and it was a piece of cake for Ezra.
me, looking suuuuuper pregnant. with pink hair. bam.
the mist was the most heavenly part of this trip. I could've stayed up there all day if I hadn't left my water bottle at the bottom.
I love climbing up rocks. those are my favorite kinds of hikes. walking uphill is boring but using my stealth agility to CLIMB up a hill is far more fun. and then we took the trail back to the bottom so it was a win win.
stopping along the way to selfie with mah boy of course. and on the way down, we passed a sweet Hispanic lady who told colter "hi baby!" and he said "I not a baby. I colter." and then "right, mom? I not wear diapers!!" 😂 this kid, oh my.
the icing on the cake was discovering an ice cream truck on our way back to the car. colter got a sonic ice cream which he was super excited about but didn't end up eating. I was pretty happy with my choice of big stick, Justin with his fruit ice cream bar and Ezra with his Hawaiian Punch bomb pop. surprisingly affordable too!
No comments:
Post a Comment