05 June 2016

drive home

driving home from visiting family tonight I was catching up on things on the ol iPhone in the passenger seat while driving along I-15 when I hear colter's tired, sweet little voice from the backseat. he said "mom, look at da sky. it so boo-ti-ful."

i looked up and saw a pretty sunset beginning to form and was so touched that he noticed it first, and so glad he shared it with me. usually I am the one trying so hard to get my boys to look up and look around them and notice the beauty that usually goes unnoticed. this time the roles were reversed. 

i snapped some quick pics to remember the moment. he was asleep minutes later.

we spent the rest of the drive listening to bob dylan and dreaming of owning a record player to play his music on. 

No comments: