We metroed it to the national mall and wandered the national gallery of art, had lunch, hit the national museum of American history (which was not my favorite), the national museum of natural life which was cool, and then to the holocaust memorial museum which was amazing and awful and wonderful and one of my favorite things we did. Then we took pictures at the Washington monument and made a pack to make out on the national mall grass but never really did. Lol and then headed back to home base. Ate burgers at Shake Shack and then called it a day.
Saturday we got up and went to Georgetown for some shopping. We drove around forever to find parking, finally decided on a safe but delicious choice in Chipotle and treated ourselves to Georgetown Cupcakes. Then we rested up and went back out, to downtown DC, for And Pizza and an Andrew McMahon concert. We got there lateish so didn't have many good viewing spots but halfway through his set Jodi got offered VIP balcony seats and they snuck us in with her so that was fun. Thanks for being preggers, Jo! I almost forgot to mention that first we went to the library of congress, probably cause it wasn't my favorite thing we did. The building was freaking amazing, as you're about to see, but the exhibits didn't interest me much. Maybe I was just museumed out from the day before.
Sunday we had good intentions of attending sacrament meeting but everyone slept in. So we packed up our stuff and then went to Arlington national cemetery. We saw JFK's grave and the tomb of the forgotten soldier which has a round the clock guard and we watched the changing of the guard which was neat. But then they laid a memorial wreath which is kind of a big deal and they played Taps on the bugle and it was a really spiritual, emotional experience and we were really touched by that. Then we bought the most overpriced hot dogs of our lives and saw the Lincoln memorial (which was huge and crowded) and the Korean War memorial and a couple others. Drove by the White House which was smaller than I anticipated and had not one but TWO fences AND police with German shepherds. 😳. So we didn't attempt to hop the fence. Lots of interesting characters there though. Then they dropped us off at the airport! Justin was forced to check his bag on our way here, much to his dismay, but there was no room. Then I swore I would refuse to check mine but then they told me I had to so I did and then we boarded and there was tons of empt compartments! I was so angry and justin laughed and easily stored his carry on. Grr!





































No comments:
Post a Comment