22 November 2014

Christmas trains + patience

Hey ez. Today we set up our Christmas tree and decorations. Your enthusiasm for the project definitely wore on me and I was probably less patient with you than I wish I would've been, but that's pretty much every day. Later your dad and I went with grandma to dinner and you played at nana and bopa's house. I always like getting a little break from being a mom and not just cause it's needed, but because I appreciate you and colter so much more once I'm back. Your nana raves about you all the time and it reminds me of how lucky I am to have you. Tonight when we dropped you off, nana mentioned they had donuts at their house and I jokingly told her to save me one with sprinkles. When we came to pick you up I found one donut left in the box; one with sprinkles. Nana said you made sure that there was one left for me. That is just a small example of the many kind things you do each day. Tonight when we got home you acted like you were asleep so I carried you all the way upstairs to your bed and as soon as I laid you down you very sweetly asked for a cup of "cold ice water" and if we could read just one book. Not gonna lie, most nights I'd probably begrudgingly trudge downstairs to get your water and then tell you it was too late for a book (it was after 10:30, after all). But I'm glad I didn't do that tonight. You wanted to read a Christmas book so we read Thomas S. Monson's The Christmas Train and then I watched you fall asleep, cuddling with your stuffed hammerhead shark. 

No comments: