04 January 2011

Updates.

Guess what! I finally updated my photography blog. Things have been pretty crazy lately so I am happy I finally got that done. I feel like its been a while so here is a snapshot of the craziness on my mind.

Justin:
Justin is starting classes again at the U on Monday and he will be there twice a week. He has gotten a few interviews lately and is just waiting to hear back. But until we do hear back it is hard to move forward with any plans or anything. I hate waiting. I really hope/pray he gets this one job that is in downtown SLC working for the State. His interview went well and they have talked to his references and they all gave him excellent recommendations but there really is no knowing who he is up against and whatever. If he does get the job he will be working 40 hour weeks, 4 ten hour days. In Salt Lake. So on days that he has school he would be gone from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. That would be really hard. But of course we still hope he gets it.

Me:
Even though its a new year I feel like I'm at a stand-still. I can't make plans for myself until I know what Justin will be up to this semester and his schooling is definitely the priority. I would like to do something to keep me busy and would love to take classes again but I would have to take a full schedule to get financial aid and I don't know how probable that is for me right now. There are just too many things to figure out right now that I just want to take a bath all day long. 

Ezra:
Ezra has turned into a mama's boy faster than I could have ever imagined. He will be sitting there playing totally happy and then sees me and wants to be held and freaks out if I walk away. Poor little guy. I wonder why babies do that. I love it, of course, but at the same time it complicates things. He is walking lots now too and becoming really confident which is cool. On Sunday he gave kisses. It was the cutest thing I've seen and was so much fun.

All in all, I just need to be patient. Keep calm and carry on, right? Everything will work out even if its not the way we planned it. More to come on Christmas, New Years, and other such things. Pictures, too, of course.

5 comments:

amanda said...

glad to read an update. good luck with justin's job. it's always nice to get what you wanted and planned on. I know it's hard to not be able to plan until certain things fall into place. lets play!

lulu said...

sometimes life does feel at a stand-still but be patient cause you're right, it always works out. I love you girl! we'll have to get together when i'm back from Oregon!

Valerie Hall said...

I miss that Ez! Everything will work out. I am glad you have a good attitude that it will. Somehow it always does even when it doesnt feel like it will forever!

Staci said...

I hope he gets that job, and if not, something that will work out for your family. I hate the waiting game though and totally fear the unknown. Sometimes I wish I could control everything, but realize why I can't and shouldn't. Good luck with everything!! We really love you guys and all the hard work your family does!

Kelsey M. said...

thanks for the update dear lyss! i hate not having a plan & doing the waiting thing as well. so frustrating. but it'll all work out!