12 July 2016

the fourth. 2016.

Emerson and Madden were going to run the freedom fest 1 mile race on the Fourth of July and they invited Ezra to run it with them. having never been to the race before, we idiotically parked west of the parade route and had a 25 minute walk to where the race was held, in Kiwanis park. Justin dropped me and ez off and then went to find a spot to park. it was 6:30am, it rained for 1/4 of the time, i was nearly 9 months pregnant and hugely unhappy about the situation I found myself in. Ezra got to the race about 2 minutes after it started and had to run by himself. I called Justin about 6 times, not knowing he was also walking (and carrying colter... I had figured he was trying to drive closer to the park). I got pictures of ems and madds running but missed Ezra crossing the finish line which worsened my mood. Justin hadn't even made it to the park before Ezra was finished. and yet I was mad at him. before I knew all that had happened I was rude to him. Ez was a little frustrated we ended up being unnecessarily late, but he ran and had a good attitude. he finished somewhere in the 10 minute range (which I thought was quicker than he would do, another reason I didn't see him). once he was done and met up with his cousins he was as happy as can be.
lucky six year old. I was not. i was in a terrible mood and had to wear my mom's sunglasses (which I'm sure looked horrible on me) so people couldn't see that I was crying. I took pictures of everyone there but got none of me or of us as a family. Val gave us a ride back near our car and Ezra stayed with them and went to the parade. we drove home. I cried the entire 30+ minute drive. like sobbing. about how things went so wrong and how i was so unfair to Justin about it. then got home and we all napped for a few hours (much needed).






ended up having a good day. got popeye's to take to melinda's for the annual Clegg get together. we swam. guys played soccer. ate snow cones. 

then we saw finding dory with the sorenson clan and went to sizzler for dinner after the old spaghetti factory was closed. then went back to mare's for fireworks. the first one Jon lit off was a big aerial that let down a few parachute guys. once it went off and exploded in the air right above us I took off, cause I am not a fan of fireworks and didn't realize they would explode right over me. I ran a few yards away and then turned back and realized one of the parachutes had caught on fire and landed in the grass. Marilyn's French bulldog Josie (whose heart is bigger than her brain) ran right to it and picked it up in her mouth. Justin acted quick to smack it out of there and she ended up with only some singed hair (and probably really scared). the explosions were happening pretty low to the ground. they were going off around where we all were sitting. Marilyn yelled "run, colter" apparently 😂 and he started running and I ran back and grabbed him. 

No comments: