11 June 2014

GTNP // May 2014

It had been a few years since we had gone to Colter Bay (since I was barely pregnant with Colter) due to Justin's dad's medical issues. We had been anxious to get up there and decided to go over Memioral Day weekend. My parents were looking for something to do as well so they came along. I had always wanted to take them up there and show them why it is such a special place. We camped at Colter Bay for the first time (usually we stay in the cabins) and it was also our first time camping as a family. Ezra's first time, Colter's first time. The first night was rough, nobody could get warm and nobody could get comfortable. We basically played musical sleeping bags. A few adjustments fixed things for the next night and it was much better. I stressed about Ezra suffocating in his sleeping bag since he kept burrowing himself inside it to stay warm and was completely at the bottom by morning, still breathing, thankfully. The campfire was glorious, the views were awe inspiring and Leek's Pizza was as good as ever. We rode bikes and threw rocks and explored to our hearts delight. We spent the last day in Jackson Hole at the Lodge and it was super nice. We swam and took showers and walked around the shops. It was not easy being up there without Bern and it made us miss him a lot. But I felt his presence and felt that he would be happy to see us carrying on his tradition. 

It was Colter's first time to Colter Bay and he loved it, unsurprisingly. Just like Ezra did when he was a toddler. I can't wait to go back! 


No comments: