This is me lately ^.
For several reasons. Oh, trials.
Reason #1
Well, remember the basement flooding story. Yeah.
So, my basement is still in shambles. ServiceMaster Clean came and the carpet finally dried, and Sunday was their last time here. Now we need to call a carpet place to come replace the padding that was ruined but I couldn't do that because yesterday I found the gallon of paint I used to paint our bathroom spilled on the carpet. We only used about 1/4 of the gallon, and the other 3/4 are now getting comfy in the carpet.
For the record, we stayed at my mom's all weekend because they had to spray some anti-mold spray so the first night we slept here again was Sunday night. So obviously, we didn't spill the paint. The dudes that moved all of our stuff into that spot spilled the paint.
I called them, of course. Are they admitting to responsibility? Not yet. Dude questioned when the paint spilled because some of it is still wet. (Does anyone really know how long it should take paint to dry when its on carpet? Neither do I.) But all I know is that we left the house and the paint wasn't there. His guys were the only ones here, and now the paint is there.
Also, they broke the shadowbox frame I was storing Ezra's ultrasound pictures in. Grrr.
(They are going to take care of that because Justin was there when they broke it and they said they would take it with them and take care of it.... they didn't.)
Also, they didn't take all of the padding so we have to find a way to get rid of it.
Also, they told Justin they would close all the windows before they left. Did they? Ha, of course not! So we come home to a sauna for a home. The a/c was on but not working. Can you guess why? Oh yeah, all the windows were open! So now the a/c is frozen and currently defrosting. So no, we don't have any cool air here.
So.... quick recap. Carpet ruined. Picture frame broken. Air Conditioner potentially broken. Padding left. (Not to mention they left all of the doors off their frames).
They are supposed to "get back" with me to let me know what they're going to do.
Reason(s) #2 (& #3)
WARNING: THIS PORTION CONTAINS POSSIBLY OFFENSIVE MATERIAL! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
ha, like my disclaimer?
[yeah, screw capitalizing things.]
i got up this morning at 3 a.m. to make a bottle for ezra.
i was surprised to see that i had started my period.
[3 days early, mind you.]
so i was like, okay whatever, and took care of it.
ezra wakes up at 6:20 a.m. and justin goes to make him a bottle before he goes off to work.
i find myself in a considerable amount of pain.
sharp pain.
down there.
wtf?
after wallowing and half crying, i finally ran to the bathroom to pee.
it hurt.
not much came out.
i laid back down.
more sharp pains.
["didn't i just go to the bathroom?"]
justin researches.
urinary tract infection. lovely.
continue wallowing for an hour before insta-care opens.
receive antibiotics.
then, the cramps came.
cramps after childbirth are not cool. at least not for me.
Reason #4
[not as disturbing as #s 2 & 3 but still not pretty]
i love my son.
i do.
i love him more when he is happy.
he is what they call "a happy spitter".
today, he wasn't so "happy".
poor little guy. he has thrown up on me and him at least 4 times today.
lots of throw up.
and he's on this new kick that he doesn't like mommy to be lazy and sit still. he wants to be in her arms and constantly moving about doing things.
and things are hard to do with an infant in your arms.
and i want him in my arms.
so i put on our fabulous baby bjorn infant carrier.
he screams.
{he usually enjoys it.}
i take him out.
i continue carrying him.
i get nothing done.
{ at this point in the post i am wondering at what point they will cut me off and say "you've said too much! that's your limit!" }
anywho,
at least now he is peacefully resting in his swing, and i used the quick break to blog my troubles.
(silver lining- YAY!)
Reason #5
Another warning: Pretty personal and pretty sucky stuff.
I have a hard time being happy when those I love are not happy.
Things have got tough at the ol' steel mill (as my husband would say)... lol
The company has lost a LOT of money so far on this one job that won't seem to end.
My dad's job sucks bad enough as it is without this sucky job.
So he hasn't been very happy lately, and that makes me sad.. I've always been a daddy's girl.
You know when you wish there was something you could do to help somebody and you would to anything in your power to help them but you just feel so helpless? Yeah, that's how I feel.
now, to get spiritual on ya'll.
sunday was a special day for me and my family.
little ezra was blessed.
justin did such a good job on his blessing.
we had lots family and friends there supporting us... we felt very loved.
but thinking back on it now, what stood out the most to me was how heavenly father knows whats going on in our lives, what will go on in our lives, and what we need to deal with those things. fast and testimony meeting had never meant so much to me as it did on sunday. bishop platt started it off with a testimony about trials and how they seem so significant at the time they are happening, but in the eternal perspective, they really are not that important. what a wonderful reminder to prepare me for the week i was about to have.
side note:
my dad got up after that. i cried, of course. he said how happy he is that justin honors his priesthood and how he loves having him in our family. that meant everything to me. then he said that he loves ezra at least as much as justin does. and i know justin loves ezra a lot, so i was like "wow".
continuing on, i thought of d&c 122 today as i was thinking how things just can't get any worse, and yet, they kept getting worse. its such an uplifting chapter.
[if thou art called to pass through tribulation ... all these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?]
wake up. things are good. even the sucky stuff. its ALL good.
i guess bad days do happen sometimes... even in australia.
{pictures coming soon!}
8 comments:
Hang in there Lyss, Someday you will look back at these little disasters, and realize that they were just little disasters, and everything all works out. You have a great family, and thought the blessing was very nice, and the time after was very enjoyable. Thanks for letting us be apart of it all.
arg! that's horrible! UTIs SUCK and cramps SUCK (I feel you currently--though not as bad considering the whole childbirth thing) and I"m really sorry about all the house crap going on....I wish I was there to you know, whisk you away to something fabulous and you can forget all those troubles. I hope ezra cheers up soon. I'm glad the blessing went well. I'm sad we couldn't go! :) Thanks for the thought at the end. Miss you in Australia :)
I sure love you, Lyss. Keep on keepin' on. :)
I loved it! Every word, good, bad and the ugly! I know we all go through these things SO many times, especially when we are moms, where we hit a wall and just want to throw our hands up in the air! I have thought of the same scripture so MANY times when I have felt as you just described. You have a great perspective on things.
Hang in there! And thanks for sharing... I love when people get personal!
Yikes! Amidst everything else that's going on with this family, you're dealing with personal issues as well. I'm sorry, Alyssa. Hopefully you'll be able to feel better soon and Ezra will let you have some freedom once in a while. If you need someone to hash things out with the lame carpet guys, let me know. Nothing is scarier than an upset pregnant woman.
As for Dad, it seems like this family is getting hit pretty hard with MAJOR stressors right now. Maybe we're getting prepared for something amazing to happen - who knows. Just like you shared in your testimony, the Lord knows us, has a plan for us and things will work out as long as we're doing what we're supposed to be doing. They might not work out the way we want them to, but they will the right way. I know that I'm loving seeing how everyone is getting closer and more thoughtful in this time of need. This family is strong and can get through the hardest trials.
I love you and your cute little family, and I'm so blessed to be a part of this wonderful family. Let me know if there's anything you know of that I can help with and keep the up the optimism. Love you!
PS - The blessing was amazing! Thanks for letting us be a part of it.
Oh boy i have lots to say! first of all, my heart breaks that you're having such a rough time.
the first mess-unbelievable. if you want i can back you up that that large amount of paint on the carpet would indeed still have been a lil' wet. (experienced painter talking here). 2nd-urinary tract infections make me want to die. i've had several. they haven't come for a few months now but i do share your pain. most miserable thing ever, especially when you don't have insurance. drink lots of cranberry juice! even if it's gross, it really does help. it helps them from coming back too. :)
LOVED the blessing, and your testimony made me cry. i love your fam so much and i'm so sad to hear whats happening with your dad's company.
just remember...trials make us stronger! i know you know this but reminders are always nice :)
lyss i love you so so much! thanks for getting personal. i enjoyed it. i need to come visit you. i WILL make time next week if its the last thing i do. let me know if i can do anything to help!
love you guys, again.
p.s.- we don't have air conditioning at all. so i share your pain there too :)
Made me wince, mourn for you and Grandma and Grandpa and then cry thinking of the times when I too have felt like the waves of despair and trials are going to over take me. One of my ALL TIME favorite talks ever and maybe that is something you could do for you Dad is print it off for him is Cast Not Therefore Away thy Confidence. By Elder Holland. It has gotten me through ALL the Terrible, Horrible things.
LOve you.. You are in my prayers!
Post a Comment