13 May 2012

Eventful weekend, to say the least.

Here is a list of everything we had/have going on this weekend:


1. The wedding of my little sister Chelsey.
2. Mother's Day.
3. Justin's brother Jordan leaves for the Air Force.
4. The one year anniversary of us purchasing our first home.


So let's tackle these one at a time, shall we?



1. The wedding of my little sister Chelsey.
Pictures are the best way I know to express myself and I was only able to photograph her reception, and I am loading those files as we speak. So I will attempt to explain this using words. ugh. 
It was such a beautiful, hectic day. I left my house at 10:30 am and got home at 10:30 pm. That's just how weddings go, I guess. I went to my mom's house first to get ready with everybody (and my talented cousin Kylie got my mom ready), we rushed to Stonegate for the wedding and ran around trying to get everything ready and suddenly they were married and we were outside taking pictures. After all the pictures were taken, we were getting ready to leave in the bride's room. Pretty soon the only people left were the bride and groom, three bridesmaids, and a friend of the bride. and one little honda civic. so we all piled in and drove home with the bride and groom. with four girls in the backseat. it was quite an adventure.


the next three or so hours were filled with us trying to get everything ready and set up for the reception which took place in my parent's backyard. pretty soon people were filing in for the reception and the party started. jdawgs, cotton candy, popcorn, lemonade, tin cans, glass jars, jenga blocks, wild flowers, blanketed picnic area, live music, photo booth, dancing, cupcakes, cake cutting, props, photos, trampoline, good friends, good memories. 



2. Mother's Day.
Mother's Day is one of the  best days of the year. Especially for me now, when Justin spoils me a lot. I play the 'Mother's Day' card ALL DAY, (and usually a day before and after too!). But I also love to spoil the mothers in my life on Mother's Day. 
My mom is the most amazing woman, mother, wife, ever. One word to describe her is 'selfless'. This describes my mother to a tee. I'm so thankful for her, everything she has taught me, and everything she has done for me and continues to do for me. 

3. Justin's brother Jordan leaves for the Air Force.
I have been somewhat dreading this day ever since we found out his plans. He will be training for the USAF ParaRescue. These guys are the toughest of the Air Force (think the Navy Seals of the Air Force). I've been dreading it only because we will all miss him and Brooke terribly but I know it will be a good adventure for them and I am excited for them. 

 4. The one year anniversary of us purchasing our first home.
Today, one year ago, we bought our first home. I always thought a purchase this big would make me have regret after the deal went through. But I haven't regretted the decision for one second. We absolutely love it here. Its a great location for us, we love the area, we love our ward, we love our neighbors, and our neighborhood. But most of all I love the house. We didn't have to compromise on much, only that it has a one car garage instead of two. I park inside during the winter but as it has gotten warmer I like parking in the parking space in our driveway and leaving my house through the front door. I don't know why, exactly, but its nice not having to deal with a garage. Though I greatly appreciate using a garage during the winter months. I love our little backyard, with our little grass area, our barbecue, our new shrubs and tree we planted. I love our open-concept living/kitchen/dining area, I love that we have an unfinished basement, the perfect amount of bathrooms and bedrooms, my huge laundry room, my lovely walk-in closet with great storage, separate vanities in the bathroom.... And its kinda funny, after being here for a year, everything is really starting to find its place. The pieces I didn't know where to put, and moved around quite a bit in the first year, have finally found their perfect places and it makes me so happy. Another thing I love about our place is how there is some room for improvement, such as the unfinished basement. We bought our house new, but weren't able to choose the finishes, though we love most of them. I would love to replace the laminate flooring in the entryway and kitchen/dining with some hardwood floors, I would love to get plantation shutters in the windows, and of course do some painting on the walls. But I also love it the way it is. I feel so lucky to live here with my little family. 

STAY TUNED FOR PHOTOS!!!


No comments: