okay, so i know ez is only about 18 months old, but my mom was saying how she had potty trained some of her babies around 18 months. i don't want to force something that isn't going to happen but i figured i could at least give it a shot. but this is one aspect of parenting that i really know nothing about. SO... any of you have any tips/tricks/advice on how to potty train? i appreciate the help!
4 comments:
only thing I would say is if he seems interested in it and I think the biggest thing is if he can TELL you when he has to go. I'm starting potty training this week. (stacia is almost 2 1/2) I tried once right before she was two, and after a whole day of not going once, and maybe 7 or 8 panties later, she was terrified of sitting on the toilet. ha. hope it works out better this time.
18 months is super young but if he can communicate that he needs to go then go for it. The best advice I can give is to stay at home for days on end and let him run around naked. Give him lots to drink and take him to the bathroom a lot. He will have accidents but I think this worked the best. I did it with both my boys right after each of them turned 2 and it was great. Also get a little potty for him or a seat to go on his toilet. And....call me if you need!
teach me what you learn!
When my sisters and I compare notes and then compare with our friends and such we have come to a conclusion. JUST WAIT, DONT DO IT! haha jk.
I tried right before Irey turned 2. Irey is the best talker (shocking)but really, her speech is well advanced for her age and so because she can talk so well I thought, surely she is mature enough to go on the potty. And sometimes she even acted interested. PLUS, the nursery leader was making me feel like she was special because she wasn't potty trained yet.
Welp, that was a BIG fail! And because she was so freaked by pooping/peeing her pants, she became afraid of the potty, then it became a game, then I swore she would be in diapers till she is 5. Then one day my car had to get fixed and I ended up car-less for 2 weeks stuck at home and somehow in that time she just did it. Once SHE was ready SHE figured it out and I just told her how to wipe correctly and made sure to ask if she needed to go.
So after hearing a bunch of stories from all kinds of mommies, I have realized that they do it when they are ready and you just make it harder on yourself to push them too soon. PLUS, there little body may not even be mature enough to "hold it". so Don't stress it. Because I sure did and wish I hadn't.
Live and learn.
Post a Comment